[talk-ch] Flickr image license query

Wed Feb 26 09:26:08 CET 2020

Hi

Whenever I used the image tag, I usually reviewed all images by hand
because of this problem. Your approach, using only known domains, where
you know how to query license and attribution, is probably a good
approach. But not trivial to implement. For example umap has no support
for this.
I would suggest to avoid 0-3 as they are regarded "non-free" because of
the non commercial clause. The others are ok for me because they are no
worse than the established usage of pictures hosted on wikimedia
commons. Where you have the same problem that you need to retrieve the
license and author.

Michael