[talk-ch] Flickr image license query

European Water Project europeanwaterproject at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 08:45:51 CET 2020

Hi Again,

FYI, I looked at the flickr API documentation again, and it is actually
quite easy to extract the license & attribution information for each photo
... in any case no more difficult than with wikimedia commons.

https://www.flickr.com/services/rest/?method=flickr.photos.getInfo&api_key=
<api-key>&photo_id=7159981498&format=rest

A typical flickr url is either formed as :

https://farm{farm-id}.staticflickr.com/{server-id}/{id}_{secret}_[mstzb].jpg

with an example :

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7073/7159958908_c5e8826867.jpg

Best regards,