[talk-ch] Flickr image license query

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Feb 25 16:19:09 CET 2020

The problem is less what OSM "allows" in a link, as to what the
expectations and means of the data consumer are.

As a thought experiment consider facebook displaying the contents
licenced on 0, 1, 2 and 3 terms, that would be instant and potentially
expensive licence violations.  As a consequence unless there is some way
to check the licence in advance (for example by stating the licence in a
separate tag with its SPDX id) and a way to retrieve attribution for the
works that then can be displayed, I would as a tendency stick to "safe"
licences, that is 7, 8, 9 and 10.

Simon