[talk-ch] addr:suburb in Bern + tagging POI -> Standort

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 15 10:53:38 CEST 2018

Le 15. 06. 18 à 10:02, Selfish Seahorse a écrit :

> As it seems that this hasn't reported before, I've done it now:
> https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1901

Thanks for doing it for Andrea :)
I put a comment on it.

>>> Fountain names in Bern are a bit of a mess. There are several
>>> sources, where you can find fountain names
>>
>> Apart from the fact that these sources may not be compatible with the
>> OSM license, these seem to be internal references of the fountains,
>> not names, as that's not how these fountains are known to the general
>> public.
>
> Am I the only one who doesn't like these 'names'?

I can't tell if they're real names or invented names.
if the inhabitants of the place call this fountain by this name,
it seems to me a local but real name and which in its place in name=*
On the other hand if the name only describes the object,
it is not a name=* but a description=*
it's a bit like amenity=post_office name=Post :-(

Regards,
Marc