[talk-ch] Proposed mechanical edit: fountain names/descriptions in Bern (was: Re: addr:suburb in Bern + tagging POI -> Standort) + WikiData

Selfish Seahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 17:55:41 CEST 2018

On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 at 16:16, Andreas Bürki <abuerki at anidor.com> wrote:
> I was thinking about WikiData as well. For the moment, I don't know how
> to do that properly.
>
> If you could do a valid example in WikiData of a fountain in Bern *with*
> a Wikipedia article and one *without* a Wikipedia article, but both
> examples with commons category, that would be very helpful.

Konservatoriumbrunnen (no Wikipedia article):
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q55401244>
Zähringerbrunnen (with Wikipedia article):
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q247322>

However, as I had to find out, location descriptions can't be added to
Wikidata object at the moment. Unlike OSM, Wikidata properties (~ keys
in OSM) can't be added by everyone; they have to go through a proposal
process first. [^1]

[^1]: <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Help:Properties#Creating_properties>