[talk-ch] Elvis Mehic and tourism=attractions

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 11 09:44:45 CEST 2018

Hello,

Maps.me allow easily to add addr:housenumber to an existing building.
it's why Elvis's edit for exiting buiding are fine.

but if the building doesn't exist in osm, you can add a misssing object,
but the building in not in the type list.
That probably explains why Elvis chose a fake attraction tag
however, even in this case, it was possible to put the house number
in addr:housenumber
I don't know why he decided to put the housenumber in the name filed in
case of a missing building.
the same for street name :
maps.me doesn't allow to edit street name.
but you can send a "message to a osm moderator" (I suppose a note)
with the correct street name in stead of putting this into the name of a
attraction.

Regards,
Marc

>>> Marc