[talk-ch] Address on POI inside a building with address

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 20 12:10:20 CEST 2017

> Bonjour à tous,
Bonjour Remi :-)

> Is there any guideline about POI addresses inside buildings with address
> defined? Because it will make dupplicates if address is set for each
> POI, it will be more logical to get spatially the address when
> exploiting the data. What do you think?
I try to avoid redundant/duplicate information. The address is already
on the building, for me, it is useless to duplicate it on the poi.
I prefer to add indoor=yes especially if if the poi is a way or if the
building have many poi
It isn't a guideline, it's my opinion.
The previous contributor is active, it seems useful to talk to him.

> Beside that, I noticed that in some case, if the POI type is not
> rendered by default, the number appears twice [1].
without an icon, I suppose the render choose which info is the most
important and the street number appears for the poi in addition to that
of the address.
I have no idea how to suggest a new icon or how to suggest that the name
should be taken in stead of the housenumber.

Regards,
Marc