[talk-ch] "Matte" / "(La) Planche" in Fribourg (Re: Edits in Fribourg)

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 26 13:34:36 CEST 2017

Le 26. 08. 17 à 11:39, Raphael Das Gupta (das-g) a écrit :
> On 26.08.2017 09:33, Simon Poole wrote:
>> Could somebody local have a look at these edits
>> https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/cadastre%20Fribourg  ?

I put a comment on the first changeset

> an overall name "Matte" / "(La) Planche" seems at least very plausible.

+1 for the name
but for place=locality, wiki said "unpopulated place"
maybe it is not the name that need to be removed
but change to place=neighbourhood ?
Is an industrial / commercial zone unpopulated but in the city ?
imho no.

> this user might need some pointers on where to look up OSM
> tagging and mapping conventions/schemes.may be we need a "osm tutorial" in French. maybe it already exist
The welcome message have a link to "map features" but not to a tutorial

Le 26. 08. 17 à 11:39, Raphael Das Gupta (das-g) a écrit :
 > Hope my French is somewhat intelligible.
you get a 5.5/6 :)
vois -> voir (ou lisez)