[talk-ch] "Matte" / "(La) Planche" in Fribourg (Re: Edits in Fribourg)

Raphael Das Gupta (das-g) lists.openstreetmap.ch at raphael.dasgupta.ch
Sat Aug 26 11:39:58 CEST 2017

On 26.08.2017 09:33, Simon Poole wrote:
> Could somebody local have a look at these edits
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/cadastre%20Fribourg ?
>
> Not being "official" is defintely not a reason to remove information
> from OSM and given the name of the user they may be using external
> sources for the edits.

While I'm not local, I remember that area
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1685743788> from our mapping party
there. I can't remember whether there was any on-the-ground indication
of /just/ the name "Matte" or "La Planche", but there's certainly many
features around called "Obere Matte" / "Planche-Supérieure" and "Untere
Matte" / "Planche-Inférieure" (many of which we entered or verified
during the mapping party), so that an overall name "Matte" / "(La)
Planche" seems at least very plausible.

Also, seeing that this name deletion left behind an otherwise empty
place=locality node (IMHO semantically nonsense) indicates that this
user might need some pointers on where to look up OSM tagging and
mapping conventions/schemes. (I've provided them some (specific ones) on
their other edit <https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/51424736>.
Hope my French is somewhat intelligible. :-!;-))

Regards,
Raphael