[talk-ch] Pls, don't delete sidewalks, visual impaired people might use them

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 21:56:40 CEST 2017

> I'm not pretty sure, if this is a "OSM problem", as we can only map,
> what we see and add given tags. - Or, how other maps solve the issue?
>
> Maybe the routing software has to become smarter...

to quote imagico (http://blog.imagico.de/social-engineering-in-openstreetmap/)

"So if – as a mapper – you want to really support and encourage
competent data use better ignore any assumed interests of data users
and map as you as a mapper can most efficiently represent your
observations on the ground in data form."

this might very well apply in this situation, so when you can better
tag a sidewalk with a separate line, why not ?

m.