[talk-ch] missing ref for highway=tertiary

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 13 00:28:22 CEST 2017

I survey the tertiary road again :

no number on destination sign for this road (but I found funny error on
destination sign)

destination sign is in white -> according with
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Switzerland/Map_Features
highway=tertiary is correct

I found a few signs with the cantonal number on it.
https://framadrop.org/r/_KD5JAHger#I9iId8pwbfXStxivazTLu9KRYEmnVwbdRfu7uIkls+0=
FR for Fribourg
2510 for the cantonal number
25 for the sign number (it seem to be in increments of 25)
11 B : no idea, 2 others are empty. Another has 4.0

So as I found the cantonal number by survey, I may add it to osm.
But I didn't find any previous tag used for that in Fribourg nor in the
whole country in taginfo
rcrc seems to be specific to the canton of Vaud
So I temporary put it as reg_ref:CH:FR for regional ref, Swiss, Fribourg
It is maybe not the best choice.
I'll start a new thread to discuss a common way to do this across the
country.

Le 27. 07. 17 à 00:39, Marc M. a écrit :
> Thanks Remi, I found the same for Fribourg.
> https://www.fr.ch/spc/fr/pub/documentation/cartes_du_reseau_routier.htm
> I check the cantonal number for a road that already have this
> information in osm, it is not the same :-(
> ref is the number on traffic sign, ok
> rcrc_ref is not the Fribourg cantonal number, it is the Vaud cantonal
> number when the road reach Vaud a few km away.
> I'll survey both roads again.
>
> Thanks also Michael. I know this road sign for the primary roads.
> I 'll check if a road sign for traffic using this road, give a number or
> not and if the color is blue or white as found on
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Switzerland/Map_Features
>
> Regards,
> Marc
>
> Le 25. 07. 17 à 16:21, michael spreng a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> I think you can safely ignore this complaint. There are routes which do
>> not have a relevant ref. A relevant ref would be one known by drivers
>> and which is occasionally written on signage along the road. Like the
>> number 1 along the Zürich-Bern primary road.
>> See https://www.mapillary.com/map/im/nYU2N_G00nLjo7ELbOF30g for an
>> example of such signage.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> On 24/07/17 19:19, marc marc wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Josm signale qu'il manque une ref sur un highway=tertiary.
>>> J'ai vérifié chaque morceau de cette route, aucune ref.
>>> Où puis-je le trouver ?
>>>
>>> Josm complaint that there is no ref for a highway=tertiary.
>>> I check all part of it, no ref at all.
>>> Where can i find it ?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Marc