[talk-ch] Unique constraint violation during import with osm2pgsql

Rémi Bovard remi.bovard at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 09:37:25 CEST 2016

Hi list,

I'm trying to import PBF data with osm2pgsql tool and I have a unique
constraint violation:

COPY switzerland_nodes FROM STDIN;
 failed: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint
"switzerland_nodes_pkey"
DETAIL:  Key (id)=(11399324) already exists.

The data is coming from http://download.geofabrik.de/
(switzerland-latest.osm.pbf). I ran this import  several months ago and it
worked fine, so I think there is an issue in current data (the issue was
also present last month).

Do you know if there is a way to fix this dupplicate value issue
directly in OSM data or it's related to PBF export?

Thanks for your answer.

Rémi