[talk-ch] Swiss Postal Codes

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Sun May 26 15:17:11 CEST 2013

Hi Simon

I think also that importing the polygons does'nt make sense for OSM.

What's wortwhile is to offer is an enhanced dataset for the PLZ data,
since the data sources (PLZO_OS) at the original place cadastre.ch are
not very accessible (I'm missing a shapefile/Spatialite which contains
PLZ4, place name and polygon).

> nightmare and just asking for unintentional damage. I would think that
> the best solution would be to add the postal code to the house addresses
> in places where we have multiple post codes in use.

The PLZ boundaries define concisely (meaning at building level) where
the boundaries are.
What do mean by "places where we have multiple post codes in use"?

Yours, Stefan