[talk-ch] beta-test winter sports map

Tue Mar 26 20:35:08 CET 2013

Hi

Thanks
I see the need for a more fine grained rendering of Nordic slopes, but
there is always the map colouring dilemma. There are only a handful of
easily recognized and differentiating colours available.

There was the idea of splitting up the map into the different modes of
transportation. I didn't do it, but it is an option.

The drawing of downhill slopes is pretty standardized, but Nordic pistes
vary in colour, or are arbitrarily coloured by route, which makes it a
bit difficult to find a simple, concise colouring or dashing scheme. I'm
open to good suggestions.

So in the end, your awesome map at http://www.pistes-nordiques.org
already does the job for Nordic skiers, so people specifically
interested in nordic skiing can directly go there and are very well
served. So what I did now is maybe more directed at the 'Sissies' ;).

Michael