[talk-ch] GWR street names

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Mar 20 09:52:14 CET 2013

For the name tag we clearly use what is on the sign on the ground
(abbreviations expanded).

In the case of larger differences in spelling you should use the
official_name tag for the GWR value, I do that for minor differences
too, even if it from a technical point of view is not strictly necessary
because most applications will normalize names before use. My reasoning
is that it removes ambiguity and documents the difference, stops people
from retagging the name with the GWR value and in the grand scheme of
things doesn't require a lot of extra tags.

Simon