[talk-ch] Fwd: [community] Upcoming major change in Firefox 23 related to loading of unprotected content on protected pages

Andreas Bürki abuerki at anidor.com
Thu Jul 25 12:02:30 CEST 2013

Salut

Does this applies to one of the osm or sosm web sites?

cheeers,
h.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: [community] Upcoming major change in Firefox 23 related to
Datum: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 11:51:02 +0200
Von: Branko Majic <branko at majic.rs>
Antwort an: community at lists.cryptca.org
An: community at lists.cryptca.org

Hello all,

The upcoming Firefox 23 will be changing the way it loads unprotected
content on protected pages.

I.e. if you access a page via HTTPS that has a link to, for example,
CSS or JS file served via HTTP, it will refuse to load it (which means
the website would be broken in terms of functionality and/or looks).

It would be good to double-check our websites for this type of issues.
Some details at:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/it-security/how-to-test-firefox-23-change-on-unsecured-content-before-it-happens/

Any volunteers?

Best regards

P.S.
Kudso for the original report by Andreas :)

--
Branko Majic
Jabber: branko at majic.rs
Please use only Free formats when sending attachments to me.

Бранко Мајић
Џабер: branko at majic.rs
Молим вас да додатке шаљете искључиво у слободним форматима.