[talk-ch] 2013 municipality merger and other changes + iD editor - Re: talk-ch Digest, Vol 604, Issue 2

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Feb 15 11:12:30 CET 2013

The mergers have now been completed, thanks to everybody that helped.

The small change in Buch am Irchel and Neftenbach hasn't been made yet
because that requires new geometry and SwissTopo doesn't have that
available yet.

Remaining issues:

- postal codes: ~1000 of the ~2500 municipalities don't have postal_code
tagged, and likely some of the existing ones are wrong, in a couple of
months there is supposed to be a new edition of the data on cadastre.ch
available and I'll probably produce an overlay for manual correction
etc. as soon as that is ready.

- districts: there was likely a number of changes to districts and
similar admin level 6 constructs due to the mergers, checking these
remains to be done (for example I noticed that we don't seem to have the
Bezirk Schaffhausen at all)

@ Andreas Bürki at least I created new relations as a rule. The easy way
to get the current IDs is to use nominatim.openstreetmap.org.

Simon