[talk-ch] bike and pedestrian routing for Switzerland

Tue Oct 30 12:03:08 CET 2012

On 27.10.2012 17:13, Michel Schinz wrote:
> Right, and according to the document Sarah put on the wiki
> (https://github.com/lonvia/cbf-routing-profiles/wiki/Profiles), this
> is already done: everything that has a sac_scale tag is considered
> unroutable. The path I mentioned in my example doesn't have that tag,
> and I could indeed simply add it. That would solve that particular
> problem, but I'm wondering whether this solution isn't a bit
> fragile...

Personally, I am of the opinion that highway=path should be
bike-routable by default unless something like sac_scale or trackgrade
makes it unsuitable for bikes. After all, otherwise you could simply
have used highway=footway if you want a pedestrian only way...

Sebastian