[talk-ch] bike and pedestrian routing for Switzerland

Michel Schinz michel.schinz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 10:35:02 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:32 AM, Sarah Hoffmann <lonvia at denofr.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been playing around with the new OSRM routing software lately and as a
> result have set up an experimental routing website for Switzerland:

That's really a wonderful idea, thanks for your efforts!

I played a bit with the site, and for short trips it seems to work
pretty well and has suggested some nice alternatives to the routes I
use often, I'm looking forward to trying them and see what they're
worth.

The site seems to have performance problems with long trips in "bike"
and "foot" modes, though. For example, trying to find a route from
Neuch√Ętel to Bern in these modes results in a "Timed Out" error
message. I don't know whether this is easy to fix or not, but even as
it is, the site is really helpful.

Thanks for making OSM more useful for car-free people,
Michel.