[talk-ch] bike and pedestrian routing for Switzerland

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Thu Oct 25 00:32:10 CEST 2012

Hi,

I've been playing around with the new OSRM routing software lately and as a
result have set up an experimental routing website for Switzerland:

http://osm.lonvia.de/swissroute/

It is pretty much a clone of the original map.project-osrm.org with the
difference that it offers three different routing profiles: car, bike, foot.

The data is updated daily (normally finished around noon) and restricted
to Switzerland only.

The idea of this site is to play around with these profiles to get a
more useful router for non-motorized travel. It already takes into account
some extra tags like tracktype, sac_scale and surface to find you a more
pleasant route tha the usual 'walk along the big, noisy motorway'
but I'm sure there are others I've forgotten. The tags currently in use
are summerized here:
https://github.com/lonvia/cbf-routing-profiles/wiki/Profiles

Try it out and let me know if you have suggestions to improve the profiles.

A final word of warning: the times given are very, very approximate due to the
way the software works, especially for the foot and bike profiles.
Please don't rely on them if you have to catch a train or get to an important
meeting (or any meeting at all, for that matter).

Sarah
(who apologizes for the English-only mail this time)