[talk-ch] Street name comparison for all of Switzerland

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 23:36:31 CET 2012

Dear all

The designation of geographic place names is very well regulated. Although
there are sometimes deviations for historical and other reasons. And there
are even lively discussions between historicians, linguists and others.

This is the official page about geographic names:
http://www.swisstopo.admin.ch/internet/swisstopo/en/home/topics/toponymie.html

And this is an inofficial - but at least for German very up-to-date - Wiki
page about almost all questions around geographic names:
http://giswiki.hsr.ch/Schreibweise_geografische_Namen

If there is any specific question I can forward them to experts in german
and french at Swisstopo.

Stefan