[talk-ch] Street name comparison for all of Switzerland

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Nov 9 16:17:55 CET 2012

Am 09.11.2012 16:10, schrieb Michael Spreng:

> I noticed a lot of "places" in my community which are names of farms.
> Don't know where to get the information for those best.

Ask the farmer? :-)

There is a more general issue though, I currently don't take landuse
with a name in to account on the grounds that such nodes/areas should
have a place tag on them too. Unluckily adding a place tag to a landuse
causes the name no longer to be rendered in the standard "Mapnik" style
(and adding a separate node probably has other undesirable side
effects). While one could take a purist standpoint on this, essentially
it is extremely unlikely that people are going to add tags that cause
something that already "worked" to "break".

In conclusion I would tend to add the named landuses as OK to my script,
any other opinions?