[talk-ch] Street name comparison for all of Switzerland

Yves yvecai at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 10:48:30 CET 2012

Isn't there a consensus to have what is written on street plates in the 'name' tag ?
--

Fred Jelk <wakefred at gmail.com> a écrit :

Hi Simon,

o.k. I think, in french (Switzerland), the capital letters are without
an accent. I will change these names in OSM.

But, now I've found an other Problem:
In Schmitten FR [1] is a road in GWR named as an short-name: F. X.
Müllerstrasse.
The real Name is "Franz Xaver Müllerstrasse". And in OSM it is named
like this. Till now, I thinked, we shouldn't use short names in OSM. I
hope, this is still right.

The problem is: if other users see on the GWR-list some other shorten
streetnames, it will be possible, that they will change the name that it
match to the GWR-list.

[1] http://qa.poole.ch/ch-roads/FR/2305.html

Fred