[talk-ch] Swiss OpenStreetMap Association (founding meeting)

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed May 16 15:46:28 CEST 2012

A number of you may remember the discussion about founding a Swiss
OpenStreetMap association from last year, at the time I didn't follow up
on the idea due to many other OSM related activities and due to the fact
that nobody volunteered a meeting room.

Since the underlying motivation for creating such an organisation
haven't changed and we (as in the Swiss OSM community) will have a
presence at the exhibition part of GEOsummit 2012 (www.geosummit.ch) in
Berne, I propose to have a founding meeting over lunch on June the 20th
in Berne. Venue to be determined, but either in a restaurant in the
exhibition buildings or nearby.

We have a limited number of free exhibition entrance tickets available
that will be available on a first come first serve base to members of
the community that want to participate in the meeting.

If you want to come, please add your name here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Swiss_OSM_Association

I will be updating the draft bylaws with some of the input from the
discussion over the next couple of days. One major point missing is a
good name, suggestions are welcome!