[talk-ch] Reliefs layers for openstreetmap.ch

yvecai yvecai at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 14:08:08 CET 2012

I downloaded SRTM v3 via the usual ftp, then, patiently, ASTER from
http://reverb.echo.nasa.gov/reverb/ (that's doable).
SRTM void are filled from Aster data with a homemade python script, then
the filled void are smoothen with a 3x3 average filter.
1x1° tiles of hillshade, slopes are computed with gdaldem, then composed
with imagemagick.
A bif tiff in latlon is merged with gdal, then reprojected to 3857.
Finally, a modified version of gdal2tile computred tiles from zoom 11
and store them in an sqlite.
I'll took the time to put the scripts on github one day.

Note: Sadly, the Matterhorn is wrong in Aster.

Yves