[talk-ch] Ask for mediation

Stéphane Brunner courriel at stephane-brunner.ch
Mon Sep 5 11:03:26 CEST 2011

Hello Simone,

On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:
> There was just, for the umpteenth time, exactly this discussion on talk-de,
> naturally
> without a conclusion.
This is the biggest issue of OSM : never take a decision => many
unsolved conflict (and no common goal).

> Essentially both ways of mapping  are "right", the one is more the classical
> cartographers
> generalised way of doing things, the other probably a bit more the chaotic
> OSM way.
I'm not sure that I understand well,
the first is to create one way inner the roads with the landuse,
the second is to cut all the reads and create a multypolygone with all
the segment to create the landuse.

Personally I see to other methods:
- create a way at 10 cm to the road with the landuse (I think it's the worth)
- create a new way on the top of the road (same nodes) to create the landuse

> I'm personally more in favour of the later because I believe it leads to
> less problems with
> edits from a large number of editors with very different ways of doing
> things.
For me this this method have to big issue:
- If we have a road who pass over an other with a bridge many people
create for the landuse a node at the intersection, and that mean that
we can jump with our car from the bridge to the don road :(
- Some people think that too complicate.

> But in any case both methods are perfectly valid and ok.
That the too method is OK is one point, but witch one is the best (final goal) ?

> Simon
CU and thanks for your resounds Simon

--
Envoyé depuis mon lapin