[talk-ch] Anonymous Edits in Switzerland

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Sun Nov 27 22:38:34 CET 2011

Hi Michael,

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 06:22:10PM +0100, Michael Kleidt wrote:
> I have some little wishes for the anonymous edits map:
> - can you show a date which data you are using?

Done.

> - can you add a button or slider like OSMI to hide or dim the base
> map, so the overlay is better visible?

That should already be there. Try to refresh the page.

> thanks for the helpful map!

Just a small comment on the anonymous map:

After some discussions with some people on #osm, we have found out that
it is possible for people with anonymous edits to agree to the CTs
and indeed about 350 people have done so. Unfortunaletly, it is
impossible to know with the current history data which data is
safe and which isn't. So, some of the data that is shown on the
map might actually be ok to use under ODbL.

I hope we can solve this problem soon, but for the moment, it might
be a good idea to wait a while before doing larger replacements. I'll
post on this list as soon as I know more.

Gruss

Sarah