[talk-ch] Anonymous Edits in Switzerland

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Sat Nov 12 18:06:04 CET 2011

Hi Andrew,

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 04:40:41PM +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> Hi Sarah
>
> I took a closer look at the section of the A3 by Mumpf which your map
> is highlighting. I'm confused by what JOSM is showing me. Take for example:
>
> Node: 453380
>   Data Set: f7cbcc
>   Edited at: 2011-08-02T20:46:20Z
>   Edited by: rÃŒdi (158828)
>   Version: 5
>   In changeset: 8905073
>   Coordinates: 47.5463722, 7.8562167
>   Coordinates (projected): 874550.042605612, 6031716.415072963
>   Part of:
>     Way: 44833543

What you are looking at, is version 5 of that node. The problem is, that
version 1 was create by an anonymous user:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node/453380/1
(You can see that it was an anonymous user because there is no editing
 user.)
So, all later modifications are derived work from this inital edit and
are therefore incompatible with the licence change.

> Also has a green tick in the CT column.

I assume that you are looking a the author tab. That only shows the author
of the last version and is therefore not very helpful for finding data that
needs to be replaced. You should install the licensechange plugin.

> These nodes don't seem to be anonymous and the authors seem to of
> accepted the CT.  Do these nodes need replacing?

Yes, unfortunately, the entire part of the motorway needs to be replaced.

Again, even if you install the licencechange plugin, it might tell you
that the way is ok. That happens when the way that was originally created
by an anonymous user was split later by somebody. Then the history of one
of the two parts is lost. If you see nodes on the anonymous map remap
the nodes _and_ the way. (Don't forget to make new intersections. If you
simply delete the way, all nodes on intersection will not get deleted.)

Sarah