[talk-ch] Bing aerial imagery on Walking Papers

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Mar 3 09:55:43 CET 2011

Ahh, sorry, but Microsoft defintely didn't donate the images to OSM
(they don't even own the images in the first place), for example
building your own server with bing tiles would and is clearly a no no.

They do allow tracing from images provided by their services, which is
why they can be integrated in JOSM and Potlatch. From a practical point
of view, I don't believe anybody will really complain about one-off
printing of the images, but it's not really covered by the license.

Simon