[talk-ch] Taginfo Switzerland

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Mon Jun 6 21:55:01 CEST 2011

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 06:20:44PM +0200, Thomas Meller wrote:
> It helps, somewhat.
> :-)
>
> Thanks for the effort.
> To make use of it, I am looking for a way to locate a collection of misspelled tags in order to correct them.
> Do you know a way to do that?
>
> Maybe it's easy if you know how to use josm, but I don't know it enough, though.
> I don't have the opportunity to download GB of data to find my errors.
> And Programming skills are not that big.
>
> Does anyone know the trick I need?

I assume you know JOSM a bit? Then the easiest way to do that
is to use the remote control function:

- Activate it in Edit->Preferences->Remote Control->Enable Remote Control
                           (the icon with the remote control)

- restart JOSM

- now in Taginfo go to the page describing the key with the
  typo, for example:
	http://taginfo.openstreetmap.ch/tags/information=guide_post#wiki

- Click on the JOSM link below the title. JOSM should download
  all objects with the typo.

In practise, there are two obstacles:

1. Taginfo still uses the old XAPI which is very slow and
   unreliable. When I just tried it didn't work at all.
2. Even the Swiss version of taginfo will download tags from
   the entire planet.

I will look into both issues.

Sarah