[talk-ch] Anonymous Edits in Switzerland

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Tue Dec 13 14:06:32 CET 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 10:38:34PM +0100, Sarah Hoffmann wrote:
> Just a small comment on the anonymous map:
>
> After some discussions with some people on #osm, we have found out that
> it is possible for people with anonymous edits to agree to the CTs
> and indeed about 350 people have done so. Unfortunaletly, it is
> impossible to know with the current history data which data is
> safe and which isn't. So, some of the data that is shown on the
> map might actually be ok to use under ODbL.
>
> I hope we can solve this problem soon, but for the moment, it might
> be a good idea to wait a while before doing larger replacements. I'll
> post on this list as soon as I know more.

Unfortunately, there are no news about the problem with the
anonymous users. At the moment the whole proces got stuck in
the OSMF bureaucracy.

However, for those who don't follow the other lists, I'd like
to point out that the OSM Inspector now has a license view, where
you can check all data that needs remapping:

http://tools.geofabrik.de/osmi/?view=wtfe&lon=8.20386&lat=46.90637&zoom=9

The view doesn't distinguish between people who have declined and
those who have not responded because at this point we'll have to
start replacing both.

Have a look at your area and see what you can replace. Once more,
remember that you need new sources when replacing the stuff. Hints
for effective remapping are on the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Remapping

Gruss

Sarah