[talk-ch] Baselland bus/tram mixup

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Fri Oct 22 09:20:51 CEST 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 09:24:15PM +0200, datendelphin wrote:
>  Hi Andrew
>
> Usually, the algorithm considers bus and tram the same type. This is
> because in most places, didok does not make a difference between bus
> stops and tram stops. But Basel seems the exception. I will make an
> exception for the matching, that "BLT Auto" will only match bus stops.
>
> But it won't work in most places, because I "group" the OSM stops before
> I make the matching. And I can't make the exception for the grouping,
> because OSM stops seldom have an operator entry. It would need a very
> different algorithm to handle just this exception, so I say we make it
> by hand.

That worked well. Unfortunally, it seems that the data in Basel is
especially inconsistent. Have a look here at Luzernerring:

http://osm.lonvia.de/didok.html?zoom=17&lat=47.5663&lon=7.5649&layers=BT

It seems that when BLT Auto (a bus) and BVB (a tram) share a stop
there is only one entry. I really don't see any way to fix Basel up
automatically. I've corrected a few obvious mistakes but it would really
help if somebody from Basel could check (and potentially fix) all stops
along the tram lines.

Gruss

Sarah