[talk-ch] Import OpenAdresses

Philipp Meier Tric at gmx.net
Fri Mar 12 21:25:04 CET 2010

Stéphane

> > Je viens de finir d'importer les adresse depuis OpenAdresses sur la
> > suisse romande.

Tres bien. Seulement la suisse romande? SO and ZG got a good set of data ;-)

> I  still  belive that any import from OpenAddresses is *not* according
> to the rules of OpenStreetMap, as it is just derived from Google Maps.

Yes, some are, but now the data belongs to openadresses. If they say they can give it for free, in my opinon they are responsible for that.

Anyway not all of the data is derived from google. And WE did not derive it from google.

> I  tried  to  sing  up to their webforum to ask this question, but the
> forum seams dead; my account was never activated.

Did you try also:  info (at) openaddresses.ch ?

Cheers,
Philipp
--
GMX DSL: Internet, Telefon und Entertainment für nur 19,99 EUR/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02