[talk-ch] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:En:CH:Map_Features#General_d riving_ban

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Jun 11 23:47:06 CEST 2010

"Moped"  is not really in use in Switzerland. The expression is used in Germany, and just to confuse matters
there it designates a small displacement motorcycle and -not- a mofa.

Have a look at the German wikipedia "moped" page to see the problem.

AFAIK in Switzerland the equivalent of the German "moped" falls under motorcycle regulations. Mofas on the
other hand are, with exception of the signs under discussion, treated as a bicycle.

Note on the side, the "no mofa access" sign actually simply requires you to turn the motor off, which at least on
classical mofas (i.e. velo-solex) works reasonably well.

Simon