[talk-ch] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:En:CH:Map_Features#General_d riving_ban

Thomas Ineichen osm at t-i.ch
Fri Jun 11 16:38:18 CEST 2010

Hi Simon,

>> That's a Swiss question indeed, as most other countries only know
>> sign 2.13 (car and motorcycle). I would tag 2.13 as motorcar=no and
>>   motorcycle=no and 2.14 as motor_vehicle=no.
>>
>> Maybe a better way would be to tag 2.13 as motor_vehicle=no,
>> moped/mofa=yes, as it is not yet clear if moped/mofa is a child of
>>  motorcycle or not.

> http://www.admin.ch/ch/d/sr/741_21/a19.html
>
> http://www.admin.ch/ch/d/sr/741_21/app2.html
>
> Motorcycle definitely does not include mofa (Motorfahrrad).

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear enough in that point:

I meant it's not clear in the OSM-hierarchy, whether motorcycle
includes mofas or not.

We either need a clear international hierarchy (and there mofa will be
a child of motorcycle) or we ned national hierarchies. But as there
are (in Switzerland) relatively few motorcar&motorcycle sings, I would
vote for motor_vehicle=no & mofa=yes.

Regards,
Thomas