[talk-ch] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:En:CH:Map_Features#General_d riving_ban

Thomas Ineichen osm at t-i.ch
Fri Jun 11 14:32:25 CEST 2010

Hallo Sarah,

That's why I'm working on http://access.t-i.ch/ ;-)

> Is there something like http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Road_Signs
> for signs that are different in Switzerland? For example, I'm still
> unsure how to tag the difference between
> http://www.ellgass.ch/catalogue/art_2.13.htm and
> http://www.ellgass.ch/catalogue/art_2.14.htm .

That's a Swiss question indeed, as most other countries only know sign
2.13 (car and motorcycle). I would tag 2.13 as motorcar=no and
motorcycle=no and 2.14 as motor_vehicle=no.

Maybe a better way would be to tag 2.13 as motor_vehicle=no,
moped/mofa=yes, as it is not yet clear if moped/mofa is a child of
motorcycle or not.

I once tried to clean up the wiki-page about access, but maybe it's
better to visualize it with a hierarchical diagramm..
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Key:access

Regards,
Thomas