[talk-ch] Just moved to Martigny, Valais

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sun Aug 15 16:51:23 CEST 2010

Hi Roy

(Welcome to the Australian contingent of Swiss OSM mappers :-))

There's nothing with any reasonable detail that covers all of Switzerland
that is available on terms that are compatible with CC-BY-SA 2.0 or ODBL.
But you may be able to strike a deal with the local communities (most have
aerial photographs hidden away somewhere), there are a couple of examples of
going that route that worked*. In general as RB said, most stuff is mapped
on foot and compared, say to Germany, we still have a lot of areas that are
very incomplete.

Simon