[talk-ch] [OSM-talk] upload from cvs

Sarah Hoffmann lonvia at denofr.de
Sat Sep 12 09:57:40 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:46:42PM +0200, Peppo Herney wrote:
> Hello,
>
> from the swiss alpin club i got a csv file with all the alpin huts.
> It looks like this
>
> name;url;ele;lon;lat;tourism;operator
> Aarbiwak SAC;http://www.sac-pilatus.ch;2731;8.152199642;46.55547325;alpine_hut;SAC
> Capanna Adula CAS;http://www.capanneti.ch/tedesco/tedesco.html;2012;8.995795439;46.49909694;alpine_hut;SAC
> Albert-Heim-Hütte SAC;http://www.albert-heim-huette-sac.ch;2541;8.46345456;46.60896248;alpine_hut;SAC
>
> and has 153 records
> They gave permission to put it on osm.
> should i just upload it with with something like http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/import/csv2osm/csv2osm.pl
> or better convert it to an osm file to load in josm and do some last checks? Which tool can i use?

According to tagwatch there are 133 alpine huts mapped already in
Switzerland, so you certainly should verify the import manually. If
you could make the converted osm file available somewhere, local
mappers could help adding the missing data.

In any case, I forwarded this to talk-ch.

> By the way: The elevation is in CH1903. I also have the WGS84 transformation and osm suggests to use it in http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:ele
> Yet, if people in switzerland look at the elevation and then on the sign at the hut, it might look wrong, if i don't put CH1903 elevation.

I dare say that most of the ele tags in Switzerland are taken from
the hiking posts at the moment, so I'd keep the CH1903 data for
consistency. Maybe we should add a note in the wiki somewhere?

Sarah