[talk-ch] Differences in Municipalities to swissboundaries

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Sep 7 14:25:47 CEST 2022

We were just discussing this today.

Essentially there's been a change of policy in some of the cantons that
the BfS didn't document when it happened as far as can be determined at
this point in time. This is not a dramatic issue as it literally just
concerns water (and that just in a couple of places).

There is however a larger issue that is being worked on that simply
follows from on the one hand how the borders were originally processed
and on the other hand that over the last decade there have been many
small corrections to the borders outside of just the mergers and similar
changes that probably require a re-syncing with the swisstopo data
(which prior to last year would have required getting permission on a
case by case base).  I suspect we should have something available in a
couple of weeks, actually updating the borders themselves is likely to
take months till complete.

Feel free to update the borders if there is something of specific
interest to you, but any change will probably be redone when the above
is in place.

Simon