[talk-ch] Differences in Municipalities to swissboundaries

GMUER Daniel daniel.gmuer at hexagon.com
Wed Sep 7 08:39:13 CEST 2022

Hi all.

As far as I understand there was an Import of the Municipalityboundaries from swissboundaries at around 2011 [1]. There are also annual "Municipality Mergers" [2] for municipalities that were merged.
Is there is also a defined workflow to keep changes on the geometries of the municipalityboundaries (admin_level=8) up to date in openstreetmap? For example, right now there are differences in Lakes like Lago Maggiore, Lago di Lugano and Lac LĂ©man where the boundaries in osm follow the coastline but in swissboundaries the middle of the lakes. There are also other changes e.g. [3] that are not up to date in osm [4].

If there is no such workflow, I assume it is ok to adjust the border manually by following the vertexes of swissboundaries?

Thanks for your advice
Daniel

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/EN:Switzerland/swissBOUNDARIES3D
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Switzerland/2022_Municipality_Mergers