[talk-ch] New Membership Outreach

Christopher Beddow christopher.beddow at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 21:09:06 CEST 2022

Thanks all, this is good to think about. I think the French welcome page is
nice. overall it sounds like no immediate action is needed.

I may experiment with making a welcome card/sticker with a QR code or URL
to a 1 page welcome guide, something to just give people to get started if
they are interested.

I think OSM UK had some really nice materials for this also in their
microgrant project:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Microgrants/Microgrants_2020/Proposal/Leaflets_to_promote_OSM

Their printed leaflets could be reused by us and included:

   - An introduction to mapping your neighbourhood
   - The benefits of photo mapping and how to get started
   - OpenStreetMap on your smartphone: editing and using the map
   - Why OpenStreetMap and the public sector would make a great partnership
   - How organisations can contribute to OpenStreetMap

I'd say the first 1-3 items might be nice for educating anyone in
Switzerland who is interested to get involved for their first time.

I will update at a future Stammtisch if I make any progress on this as a
concept.

best,

Chris