[talk-ch] Connecting hw=platform/public_transport=platform

Mon Oct 31 18:16:12 CET 2022

Hi Christopher

The public_transport=platform or highway=bus_stop is where you wait. And
in most cases, there is at least a post to signal where to wait. So for
me, the tag for the sign is public_transport=platform /
highway=bus_stop. Problem with in the road: you don't know for which
direction it is, or which side to wait on.

Of course you can also map the point on the road, which is
public_transport=stop_position. Though I don't know when I would be
interested in that info as a public transport rider. Maybe in some
special train cases where two different trains stop at the same platform
at the same time, one on the south end and the other on the north end.

I'm not a native English speaker, but I doubt that platform could be
interpreted to mean the painted area on the road. You are not supposed
to wait there, on the road. Rather besides the road. Of course, the
opinionated mapper used the yellow road marking for drawing his
platforms to the side of them, for reasons I can not comprehend.

Cheers,
Michael