[talk-ch] Connecting hw=platform/public_transport=platform

Mon Oct 31 09:12:43 CET 2022

Hi Marcel

highway=platform is often wrong for bus stops. Usually, the stop is
integrated into the sidewalk. A platform should be connected to the road
network, otherwise it's a routing island.

Unfortunately, there was a very opinionated mapper some time ago (no
longer active), who really liked this messed up way of mapping. And
generally, there is no clear consensus for public transport mapping
unfortunately.

So feel free to improve it. In my opinion, best to replace the way with
a node besides the road (except if it really is a highway=platform like
the terminal at the train station, and not just a raised side walk). But
that is just my opinion and not universally shared.

Cheers
Michael