[talk-ch] Farm Shops and produce vs product vs vending

Marc M. marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 18 18:53:27 CET 2022

Le 18.11.22 à 15:54, Christian Egli a écrit :
> So my entries so far all use the product tag like product=bread;fruit
>
> Thoughts, comments?

there is no product=fruit, fruit is unprocessed/raw food.

1) unprocessed/raw food :
farmland, orchard, farms produce grain, vegetables, fruit, livestock
and what is produced by animals (honey, eggs, milk)
-> produce=vegetable;fruit;beef;egg;honey;milk; potato

2) processed products :
food factories or artisanal "factories" transform these unprocessed raw
foods into other (processed) products such as mead, cheese, Chips
product=hydromel;cheese;chips

3) selling
in a shop=supermarket or shop=farme, these products are sold
-> vending=*

4) the grey zone: this only concerns products that are not very little
processed products :
e.g. a farmer who makes jars with his vegetables, it is probably
acceptable to put produce=* on the landuse=farmyard or on the building.
if he makes jam, it is a processed product which also requires a
processed product (sugar), it is the grez zone

some real examples that I have dealt with or plan to deal with:
- a farmer has an orchard. he sells apples and apple alcohol. (he
doesn't produce the alcohol, the distillery does) -> produce=apple for
the landuse=orchard and on vending=apple;alcohol on the shop=farm.
on the distillery product=alcohol
- a beef farmer: produce=beef on the dedicated part of his farm.
vending=beef on his shop=farm

Regards,
Marc