[talk-ch] vandalism under the pretense of "simplifying"

Marc Mongenet marc.mongenet at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 22:10:10 CEST 2022

Well, when I look at
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/965324922/history#map=19/46.03001/7.11161,
83 nodes for this landuse=forest is already too much with the quality of
swisstopo SWISSIMAGE. Many nodes cannot be sourced by this orthophoto, and
therefore should not be present in OSM. But I don't see how they can be
removed by a "simplifying algorithm" and I certainly would not encourage
such edits.

Marc