[talk-ch] New Membership Outreach

Christopher Beddow christopher.beddow at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 23:58:54 CEST 2022

I think my own use case is different. Specifically, I met someone at a
conference who does not edit OSM but is interested to learn. I'd like to
inform them about how to get involved in the local OSM community.

I could write them on LinkedIn or via email with some YouTube tutorial
links, a link to the weekly OSM newsletter, instructions for the Swiss OSM
talk-ch mailing list, and other tips.

I may very well do so. But would it not then be helpful to have this same
welcome info copied/pasted/hosted somewhere, even a GitHub markdown file,
that we could actually share as a web link to anyone we meet anywhere to
help them get started locally as a Swiss resident who may indeed want to
join a meeting, a Stammtisch, online discussions and such? It's what I look
for here and would look for if I arrived in another place.

Anyway, I can happily put together something and only ask for opinions on
what else might be helpful.

Best,

Chris