[talk-ch] New Membership Outreach

Marc M. marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 30 13:06:16 CEST 2022

Hello,

Le 30.08.22 à 11:27, Simon Poole a écrit :
> Am 29.08.2022 um 19:52 schrieb Christopher Beddow:
>> Aha thanks Simon, and agreed, too much stuff becomes too much work.
>> The new message goes to the OSM Inbox?
>
> Yes, and there's currently no alternative.

I participated in the welcome of newcomers to France.
There we put the welcome message on the changeset, the advantage was
to be able to do this with several people and see who had already
received the message. but here you can do this yourself, which
limits the interest of the message on the changeset.

> The larger challenge is that the novelty of OpenStreetMap has worn off

to impose osm on new audiences, I think you have to meet their needs.
and one of the main needs that Google Mps and other proprietary
solutions meet is address search and guidance:
- to make consumer applications known to the end user (OsmAnd, Qwant, ...)
I was just discussing yesterday with other contributors about creating
an osm+addr opendata pbf. it would be practical to be able to make a
file forI was just discussing yesterday with other contributors about
creating an osm+addr opendata pbf. it would be practical to be able to
make a file for osmand
I was just discussing yesterday with other contributors about creating
an osm+addr opendata pbf. it would be practical to be able to make a
file for osmand
- I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but I'm sure it's a good idea to
try to make openstreetmap presentations in regions that don't have
existing local groups.
- have osm used for example for the map of the municipalities
- accompanying (review, talk, ...) the newcomers increases
the chances that they will continue.

Regards,
Marc