[talk-ch] Cantonal Projects of the Month

Sentalize sentalize at yahoo.de
Thu Aug 25 23:24:59 CEST 2022

Hi Simon

>Not for the 1st time: please start a new thread when you are starting a new topic.
 Oops. I was merely replying to the mailing list and setting a topic and was under the assumption that this creates a thread. I guess I have to write a new mail instea dof a reply then. It's also the only mailing list I use, I'm more of a forum person, sorry.

> Mapping rustici wouldn't be high on my list of things to do, but YMMV.

Well I kind of like landscape, whatever is there. Houses, roads, charging stations, trees, rivers.... .. Rustici are quite often simply the houses of a town in a valley like the maggia valley, not necessarily single houses on mountain ranges. They're a nightmare, though, because other tha a modern town area, these things have weird angles and cling together like magnets.
Adresses and cities are not my thing, I leave that to others, I prefer to be "out in the wild". I have more of a nature & hiking mind, than a car navigation mind.

>SOSM has been thinking about having a larger event in TI for a while, but covid has thrown a bit of a spanner in to the original planning. We do have a potential location and are likely going to revive the idea for next year.
Neat ... especially now that there's swissimage etc, it quite helps.

Cheers,
talk-ch mailing list
talk-ch at openstreetmap.ch