[talk-ch] Cantonal Projects of the Month

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Aug 25 23:08:19 CEST 2022

Not for the 1st time: please start a new thread when you are starting a
new topic.

Anyway, that the Ticino is quite under mapped is a long term issue (and
there are some clear reasons for it). From a bang for the buck pov I
would likely concentrate on adding addresses in Lugano and Bellinzona as
these are the largest cities (in the whole country) with very very
little coverage (15 and 7%), not sure what the POI, speed limit and
access coverage looks like but probably not good either. Mapillary
coverage could help with the later two.

Mapping rustici wouldn't be high on my list of things to do, but YMMV.

SOSM has been thinking about having a larger event in TI for a while,
but covid has thrown a bit of a spanner in to the original planning. We
do have a potential location and are likely going to revive the idea for
next year.

Simon