[talk-ch] swiss topo open data

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Sep 14 15:59:03 CEST 2021

Was lange währt wird endlich gut.

swisstopo has now provided FAQ to their terms of use that clarify that
central attribution of their datasets conforms to their requirements.
See
https://www.swisstopo.admin.ch/de/home/meta/konditionen/geodaten/source.html
point 6.

Thanks to everybody that has worked on this over the last half a year,
in particular Raphael Bovier from swisstopo, and everbody unknown
working on the issue there, Benedikt Hitz and Mathias Stürmer from the
University of Berne.

If somebody wants to use a specific dataset it should be added to the
Wiki contributors page as we have done on previous occasions. If you
would like to propose an import (right now I wouldn't know of anything
that is urgent), please follow the import guidelines
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines

I'll be updating relevant documents and posts over the next couple of
days, so don't be surprised if their is a bit of inconsistency right now.